Did you know your skin is the largest organ of your body? A total area of 20 square feet! Our skin needs nourishment everyday to make sure it's healthy and radiant. The earlier you start to care for your skin, the better.
Join the Grace Eleyae Movement and become a part of the message: Women are strong, women are resilient, women are stunning.
Here are 14 Grace Eleyae tips for a beautiful, glowing and youthful skin.
1. While getting your dose of vitamin D is important, adequately protecting yourself from the sun is vital too. Wear a broad- spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher, that protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Reapply your sunscreen every two to three hours. Do not let cloudy days fool you! Head coverings like Grace Eleyae's Satin Hats not only provide shade, but also protects your face from the harsh rays of the sun.
2. Long showers can strip your skin of moisture and essential oils. Limit your showers to 10 minutes. Shorter showers save both water and your skin.
3. Using a loofah daily to exfoliate your skin will remove dead cells, as well as keep ingrown hairs and scaly skin under control. For extra smooth skin, sprinkle a few drops of an alpha-hydroxy product on the loofah before scrubbing.
4. Oil production is highest in the afternoon. Using blotting paper to clean your skin keeps breakouts at bay.
5. As part of Grace Eleyae Inc. Lifestyle, water is crucial for healthy skin. Water keeps your skin feeling plump, elastic and smooth. Since water evaporates from the skin, your body needs to continuously be replenished with water.
6. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the skin from sun damage. It is present in tomatoes, red peppers and beets, and is best absorbed when cooked or processed.
7. Foods rich in vitamin A, such as carrots, spinach and cantaloupes, reduce oil production as well as restore and regenerate damaged collagen.
8. Drinking a cup of green tea twice a day for six months can reverse the effects of sun damage. Green tea has high concentrations of Catechin, an antioxidant that is anti- inflammatory, protects against UV radiation, and has anti-aging effects.
9. A good facial regime is key to a radiant face. Tie back your hair with a Grace Eleyae scrunchie, and gently cleanse your face with a hydrating facial cleanser. Don't forget to apply a good facial moisturizing cream after. Creams rich in Vitamins C and E prevent facial skin damage, dehydration, and wrinkles.
10. Suffering from acute dry skin? The acids in aloe vera remove dead skin cells and speed up the healing process. Cut off an end of an aloe leaf, split open, and spread the gel on the dry area.
11. If your eyes feel itchy, apply a cold compress or a cotton pad moistened with toner or witch hazel. Never rub your eyes.
12. Our feet are the most neglected part of our body. Before putting your feet up for the night, pamper them with some moisturizer. Wearing socks while sleeping prevents your feet from swelling and raises body temperature, thus making you fall you asleep faster.
13. Running a humidifier every night will moisturize the air in your bedroom. By breathing moisture laden air, you will sleep better and your skin will thank you for it.
14. A good night's sleep keeps your skin looking refreshed and healthy. Gently drift into your dreams with the soft and luxurious Grace Eleyae Pillowcase, and wake up feeling invigorated and ready to start your day.
Want additional Grace Eleyae hacks? Check out our GE online magazine for more!