Hair Moisture Tip #2 - Olive Oil
OLIVE OIL! There are so many health benefits this natural hair conditioner has to offer, to give you that baby soft hair you crave.
Just to name a few, olive oil,
-Keeps your style longer: By smoothing out split ends and frizzy strands, olive oil makes your hair look fresh… longer.
-Seals in moisture: By helping protect the keratin in your hair.
-Can give extra softness and awesome shine: By restoring your hair to its natural state. Healthy and shiny.
-Prevents and even cures hair loss: By promoting a healthy scalp, reducing hair loss hormones, and having antibacterial and antifungal properties so that your hair is clean and healthy from roots to tip.
-Can makes your life 19898603 times easier: Due to having healthy hair, your hair will be a breeze to style.
-Can grows hair thicker, faster: By massaging it onto your scalp, blood circulation increases. This leads to increased blood flow that stimulates the follicles and gives you thick, healthy strands.
So, Here's how we use it:
- Put half a cup of olive oil in a container and warm for 20-30 seconds in the microwave or add hot water to make the oil warm not hot. This is so you don’t accidentally kill any natural properties within the oil. If you want extra shine, add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to the warm oil.
- Apply on your scalp and hair strand from root to tip. You might want to have a towel near by, for this can get a little messy.
- Leave in for 20-30 minutes. Use the shorter time if your hair length is similar to the one above.
- Rinse it out and wash hair. If your hair is soft enough, you can skip the conditioner.
- If you have a shower cap, rest your hair in that, or put your hair in a bun. If your hair doesn’t go into a bun, wrap a towel around your head.
- Rinse out the oil, let hair dry to about 80% and then put on a SLAP.
- Wake up and try not to feel up your hair. You can try, but you won’t succeed.
- Tell us how your experience goes in the comments below
Beauty & Style, Hair - Haircare, Life Hacks, Work/Life
Hi! I tried this method and my hair was very moisturized!!! However, the oils from my hair stained my slap. I tried washing it, but the oils are still there. Do you have any advice on cleaning them further?